The inspiration for this post came from editor-in-chief of USA Triathlon Magazine, Rob Urbach!
The title says it all…
This article reminded me of the importance of sharing. It caused me to think about my passion of triathlon training and racing. I can honestly say that it if had not been for the efforts of a friend almost 10 years ago, I would never have discovered triathlon. Looking back over the last 10 years I have the following blessings to be thankful for as a direct result of “paying it forward.”
- The wife of my dreams
- A complete physical recovery from a near death experience
- A new diet
- The chance to see 4 continents
- Fitness at a level that I never thought possible
- Global sponsorships that provide me with state of the art equipment and technology to train and race with
- Friendships that will last a lifetime
- The platform to launch my writing and speaking career
- The opportunity to serve as an advocate for the Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
- THE CHANCE TO SHARE MY PASSION, a.k.a PAY IT FORWARD!
The purpose of this post….ponder your passion and spit it out! Whatever moves you, SHARE IT! Find someone and tell them how grateful you are to share something so remarkable that has transformed your life. Remember, you are not the primary source of that which inspires you. At some point in your life someone had the gumption to approach you and share. Because you were shared with, you too in turn should share!