This post is rated Sprinters, Olympians and Ironman.
Day #1 of our S.M.A.R.T goals analysis.
ARE YOUR GOALS SPECIFIC?
What do you want to accomplish this season? You must be more specific than “I want to go fast.” That is a cop-out, anyone can say that..
Let’s start with writing your goals down and putting them in a place that you can see them everyday. Remember, what gets recorded eventually gets rewarded.
Here a few things to consider when pondering the specificity of your goals:
1. Who is involved?
2. What are my priorities in assigning goals to my races?
3. Is there a specific location associated with your A goal?
4. What time frame should be attached to your goal?
5. What is required and what constraints may follow?
6. WHY do you want to accomplish this goal?
Frame it like this: Who, What, Where, When, Which, Why.
GET SPECIFIC AND DO IT NOW!