Does the idea of growing your own food scare you or entice you? If you are somewhat intrigued with this concept I am here to assure you that if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!
What you see here, is okra that we grew in our garden! Isn’t it beautiful…we’re certainly proud!
Okra just so happens to be my new favorite vegetable and I never would have known unless I ventured into an area with which I had no knowledge or experience.
So here’s an idea (that is if you are still interested)
1. Go to Home Depot or Lowe’s and buy some plywood that can be cut into a large rectangle. This will serve as the foundation for your very own box garden.
2. Form your rectangle with the wood with a saw, hammer and nails and then line the bottom with black trash bags to prevent weeds from growing through.
3. Buy several bags of topsoil and fertilizer to pour into your plywood rectangle.
4. Do some research through your local Farmer’s Almanac to determine ideal growing conditions for the vegetables you wish to plant.
5. Plant your vegetables of choice (now might be a good time for winter squash such as butternut or acorn and pumpkins of course!)
6. Sit back and wait for you are now a farmer!
Grow your own and find your interest increase. As I said before, if I can do it ANYONE can do it!